Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Lazy Day

I took this picture with my iphone  and textured it with kk_ 2Bwarmly.  This was my view of our lazy morning.  I really need to do something about that electric cord ...



I had a wonderful Holiday, I hope you did too.  Mine was busy, as usual, but I enjoyed having time with family.

This past Sunday we were supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow, with very cold temperatures.  I decided to get prepared.  I went to the grocery store, library, did some laundry and cleaned (I really don’t know why I felt cleaning was preparing for snow, but I went with it).  The 8 -12 inches of snow never came.  Instead we got rain, ice and an inch of frozen-snow-type-stuff with cold temperatures.


I woke up early Monday morning with my husband knowing school was cancelled.  With the luxury of being able to stay at home, I savored the morning quiet in front of the fire.  My daughter woke up a little later, and we sat right there on the loveseat the rest of the morning.  We read.  We talked a little.  I got to the next level of Candy Crush.  I looked at pictures on my phone.  We had nowhere to be, or anything that really needed our attention that morning.  I had done all that needed to be done while I was preparing for the snow.  So I let myself completely unwind and relax.  It was like a mini spa vacation without packing or traveling.  It was great just being with my daughter, she agreed.

After I got up to make lunch, I realized there were things that needed to be done.  So I got back into the doing mode, just a little.  Plus, I didn’t want to tell my husband we sat on the couch all day while he was hard at work. :)

My Friday Find this week is finding, remembering, how wonderful it is to just - be.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Michelle
 Kim Klassen dot Com


5 comments:

  1. Your morning with your daughter sounds really nice! Savor the moments. We're waiting for our 12" of snow to melt now, and happy to see the thermometer reach 32 degrees. Love, love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have an a stress free day and I love the socks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love days like this...in fact, we have half of one planned for today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice you and your daughter enjoyed a lazy morning :-)
    Lovely capture !
    Nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lazy morning are the best!

    ReplyDelete