Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Orchids


"Spring: a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can truly be."  -  unknown



Spring seems to always be a mixed bag of weather.  Our weather has certainly run the whole gambit the last couple of weeks with rain and snow.  The only thing we can count on is that the weather is always changing.   


Last week under cloudy skies, a friend and I went where we knew we wouldn't get rained on...Franklin Park Conservatory.  (find out more HERE)  It was the last week of their yearly orchid show.  The show was beautiful.  

 
One of my favorite ways to take pictures is to use my 60mm macro lens and get as close as I can to my subject.  Here is a picture of me in 'action'.  :)   


Due to traffic and a stop to get our camera sensors cleaned, we didn't have as long as we would have liked to photograph the orchids.  But it was long enough to get a few good shots and recharge our spirits.  It is amazing how a couple of hours doing what you love and loosing track of time can feel like a little vacation.  


When was the last time you 'lost track of time'?  And what were you doing?  I would love to hear about it. :)


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle B


12 comments:

  1. Michelle, that first shot just takes my breathe away. Orchids are amazing and beautiful flowers and I am sure you felt like you were in heaven among all their beauty. Sound like you had a fun day with your friend doing something you love. The last time I lost track of time was this morning shooting snow shots. The snow was unexpected so I took full advantage even though we really didn't get much to amount to anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things that I always love about you Michelle, is that you always sharing something different - food, flowers, water, etc. Each time is an exciting new experience. Loved the shot of you too! Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Nanci and Sarah have made great observations: the orchid at top is stunning, and you always have a nice variety of fun and interesting topics. Last week, while the weather was very mild but misty, we went to the local cemetery where James Whitcomb Riley and President Harrison lay at rest. It's a grand cemetery with so much history.....and John Dillinger is there! I lose track of time there with the grand view to downtown from James Whitcomb's memorial, a gothic cathedral that I just love to take pictures of (they are still in LR so I need to make a post). Apologizing for the rambling. Thanks for sharing your stunning orchids, and you in the capture seat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful orchid captures and so lovely to see you in action too! Orchids are so photogenic and your shots have really done their beauty justice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing, Michelle! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you made it, so happy to see your interruptions of these blooms. Love that curl on the top one so much. Don't you just love all the color? Loved seeing you also, wish I could squat down like that! I lose time each time I am in my happy place of flowers. Such a wonderful hobby photography is for sure. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots of yellow!
    Some days I'll lose track of time just being here on the computer {the world wide web}...and other times, spending time with friends that I love always seems to go by too fast. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Losing track of time- I’m not sure when I last did that. I really need to! This sounds like a fun outing with your friend - and I love the beautiful orchids - a wonderful way to brighten a cold winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots of the orchids, Michelle. Working with a macro lens brings out the beauty of these flowers. Sometimes this happens to me, too, that I lose track of time while on a photo shoot. Hasn't happened in quite a while, though. And I agree, it does feel like a mini vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindas imagens. Gosto muito de orquídeas. Feliz dia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful colors to welcome spring in with. I love the brightness of your orchards. Perfect for this Easter season. I also love getting lost in my photography. Two hours passes so gently while I'm at the beach in winter.
    Thank you for sharing your special time here Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I love the first one - the white with the yellow stain. Lovely! I had a few orchids but wasn't good at minding theam so I gave them to a friend who's an expert. I know at least one of them has bloomed after that.

    ReplyDelete