Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Taking Time To Play



"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." 
-  George Bernard Shaw
"You're never too old to do goofy stuff."
 -  Ward Cleaver
"It is a happy talent to know how to play." 
 -  Ralph Waldo Emerson


My family and I took a little time out to play this past weekend.

We took a drive through rural Ohio and visited an Amish Bakery.  I love their pretzels!  


The best five dollars ever spent?  These gorgeous (?) green rubber rain boots at Five Below.  They come in handy whenever water or mud are on the agenda, both were last weekend.


Megan, John and I took a muddy trail to the lake, slipping and sliding along the way.  Megan stepped into the lake to wash off her boots and realized she could have fun breaking the ice.  Did I mention it was 50 ° F?  We were wearing sweatshirts in January and playing in the lake.  We could feel the cold water temperature through our boots, but it didn't matter...it was fun.  Kids do bring out the kid in us old people.  :)

The photo on the left was taken with my iphone from inside the car looking out to the blue sky.  The photo on the right was also taken with my iphone from the outside looking into my car.  I made the image black and white so so the colored items didn't distract from the frost.

Going to my car this morning I was surprised to see the windshield covered in frost.  No more spring-like temperatures, old man winter is settling back in.  But before I scraped the frost off the windshield, I took a few pictures of the frost.  Frost is always pretty.

Have you taken time out to play lately?  I highly suggest you do.

I so enjoyed reading everybody's cooking 'failure' stories in my last post.  Thank you so much for sharing.  It seems the more we share, the more we find we have in common. 

Thanks for visiting today!
Have a great day!

Michelle

8 comments:

  1. Love those green rubber boots - such a great find! It would be lovely to visit the Amish rural area one day ... The wagons, their dresses, and the farming. And the snowflake photos make me long for the the cold and frosty air ...
    Have a peaceful weekend, Michelle!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have a family day when you get a break in the weather. Love those green boots and the shot you took of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the perfect weekend. Our weather is so up and down, but we have very little snow at the moment, for which I am grateful. Every February day we can make it though without a bunch will bring us closer to spring. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome fun you had, love that Amish country drive. It must be so beautiful around there all year long. The frost on the windows are really cool. I get so excited when we have a un-frequent frost here so I can go out and get a little frost on the few leaves left around in a photo. It doesn't happen often around here though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new space and I really LOVE the little photo of you on the right. Hello Pretty you! I do believe kids bring out the young in us. Amish country is so beautiful. I'd love to go explore someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great piece of advice, Michelle. We make a mistake when we become too serious in our lives, I'm always grateful to our kids when they make me play and when they make me smile. It's healing…

    I love your processing of the first photo with the Amish car, it has such an intriguing feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful weekend, Michelle !
    Lovely quotes ... and so true !
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Amish bakery sounds delightful. I've always wanted to visit Amish country, it looks lovely. Your pictures are interesting and filled with beauty, my friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete