Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Everyday Beauty


"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."  -  Confucius


Sometimes I look too hard to find things to photograph and end up overlooking beauty that is right under my nose.  This week I looked a little closer...



I found beauty on a table in a stack of clean dishes.  (These pretty dishes aren't to eat on, of course, they were purchased for photography purposes only. :)

On that same table, I lost track of time taking pictures of a beautiful flower...


Tuesday the sun came out with record warm temperatures and shined it's beautiful light into the house.  I captured a reflection of the light on my glass candle holder.


The sun also shined it's beautiful light on a spoon placed in the pot with my pony-tail palm plant.  It puts a smile on my face each time I look at it and remember who gave it to me...


What kind of beauty are you surrounded by right now?  I bet if you looked, really looked, you would see a lot of beauty in your life.  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle




10 comments:

  1. So true is this post, I often think of the things I missed when I was looking so hard to find. Love that little water spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are right on; I find myself looking for something to photograph missing what is right under my nose...I love the starfish in the glass container....being a beach person I love all shells....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm - I've been feeling a little discouraged, lately, by my lack of getting out with my camera. Now, as I read your post and view your beautiful photos, I am looking around me - wondering... You are so right. I really just need to look a little closer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful things from within your home. I love the light captured on your glass candle holder. Everyday beauty is the best and it's just waiting for us to notice it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing what we find when we look for it. I always think my house is more beautiful than I give it credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of beauty in this post, Michelle !
    Pretty dishes and the flower ... you've captured the details so beautifully !
    And what a cute spoon :-)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post Michelle because what you say is so true. I'm not a big still life photographer but sometimes the simpliest things, sitting somewhere in my house, catch my eye and if the light is right, I run for the camera...thank you for this beautiful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't it nice to have that warm sunshine last week? The light is the important piece to recognizing the beauty in the simplest of things. I love noticing the light reflecting off of things like your container. The light and shadows of your dishes is gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How special it is to see beauty in the least likely places, like you did.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete