Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Brave


"Find your passion, love with every ounce of your bones, stand up for things that matter, don't settle, don't apologize for who you are.  Be brave."  -  Anonymous

I couldn't remember...


The past couple of years I have been choosing 'one-word' to guide my year instead of a New Year's resolution.  The one-word helps me to focus on something I want to bring into my life on a daily basis. 

I felt like I totally failed because couldn't remember what my one-word was for 2018.  I kinda thought I knew, but I actually had to go back and look at my blog's 'about' page to see what my one-word was for 2018. 

 
Ends up my word for 2018 was 'trust'.  Thinking back, I did start off strong, remembering my word and trusting all was working out as it should.  Then the year got crazy and even though I did trust all was working out for the best (as much as I could), I didn't think too much about my one-word...


This year I wanted to choose a word that was more active, a get-things-done kind of word.  Turning 50 and my Dad passing away really has me noticing my time here is limited. (Obvious, I know, but I often overlook that fact.)  I need to get a move on if I want to accomplish more in my life.

The one-word I chose for 2019 is BRAVE...I want to live a braver life.  

To me, Brave means:
  •        having the courage to stretch my limits on my own terms
  •        not worrying about other people's opinions or needing anyone's approval
  •        knowing which fears to conquer and which fears to accept
  •        be willing to fail
  •        realize perfect doesn't exist...and do it anyway
  •        being committed to do what it takes to be my best self


Hopefully, I will keep my one-word in mind the whole year in 2019 and be brave as I take on the big things as well as the little things.  

Have you chosen one-word to guide your year?  I would love to hear what you chose. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a beautiful day!

Michelle




2 comments:

  1. No, I don't choose a word for my year! I believe I did it twice as it seemed to be the fashion! When I did do it, it didn't change a thing in my life, so I couldn't see the reason to do it again! How funny that you forgot last year's word. What do you think that could mean?!
    I love your wintry images, especially the last one of the little path leading us into the mist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been very good at following through on my word, but am trying again. I think my word for 2018 was kindness - something the world needs more of and something I'd like to be more aware of in myself. I'm not sure what it was with 2018 - not one of my favorite years. For 2019, "explore" seemed to find me - by which I mostly mean exploring myself - new interests, new goals, new opportunities. And with that in mind, your photo of the path disappearing into the mist resonates deeply for me - I really don't know where my exploration will take me, but I kind of like that.

    Thinking of your word "brave" - have you read Brene Brown's Braving the Wilderness? She speaks of being your authentic self and how it takes bravery to do so. So few books stick with me, but that one did. I wish you the best for 2019 and your quest to be brave!

    ReplyDelete