Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Light


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did."  -  Mark Twain



I was vacuuming last week when I saw the light.  In the winter, the leafless trees allow more sunlight to come through my windows.  It stopped me in my tracks...how light sometimes does. 


 Have you ever seen the Disney movie UP?  The dog can talk. When he sees a squirrel while he is talking, he stops mid sentence, turns his head and says, "Squirrel!"  That's me when something catches my eye. :)  Although I usually don't say anything, I do have a hard time looking away.  In that moment, I make a split second decision as to whether I am going to take a picture, or not.  Should I always take the picture?  YES!  Do I always take the picture?  NO.  

I have never regretted taking a picture, even if it doesn't turn out there is always something to be learned.  But I have regretted not taking a picture.  So, you think by now I would have learned to always take the picture...but I haven't....


I actually waited until after I was finished vacuuming to get my camera out.  I almost missed the light.  I made a note to go back the next day at the same time to catch the light again, and I did.  The light is never exactly the same, but it is always beautiful.   


From now on, I am going to make an effort to stop, grab my camera and take a shot every time I feel that certain 'pull' toward something.  I don't want to miss anything.  I wonder how many more pictures I will take...


 It is pouring down rain as I write this.  The snow is gone revealing brown grass.  I can't believe we went from subzero temperatures to 60 degrees, all in one week.  Maybe you did too.  I checked Alaska's weather when we had -8 degree Fahrenheit actual temperature, they were warmer.  We could have gone to Alaska to get warmed up!  

While school was closed last week, Megan and I got some cleaning done and also played a bit.  We went outside and threw boiling water into the air to watch it freeze and blow away.  It was fun.  Megan videoed while I bundled up and did the water throwing.  It was my idea, I think she was just humoring me.  She is a good kid. :)

How is your winter going?  Are you ready for spring?
What catches your attention?  I would love to hear about it. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!                                                   
Have a great day!

Michelle



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful light in your images which shows the beautiful structure of the dried hydrangea flowers!
    Follow the pull towards something! It works every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail in the leaves and like you sometimes I regret not getting the shot. In the winter I become lazy with my photography. Not sure why.
    Yes, I am already done with winter. It has been so much colder this year than in past years and most days the sun doesn't stay out for very long...I'm starting to feel the need for some warmth and sand...does that tell you where I want to go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done the same thing see the light while talking to someone or doing something else. Lovely light is so fleeting. No our winter is never long enough. Our summer is way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light is beautiful, and flowers are sometimes even prettier when the light is shining on them. What fun you had with Megan. Those precious times spent together will be forever in your heart. I've never heard of the boiling water freezing, how interesting. Such pretty photos of the light, Michelle.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Good call on getting your camera out and catching it. It’s amazing how we can know what we should do or even want to do, but don’t. Regret? Yep! I work in the city, commuting in crowded trains and subways - always in a hurry to get somewhere, so it’s somewhat astounding how many things do not catch my attention. But I’m trying to slow down and notice more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the light - it so often makes me stop in what I'm doing. It IS something special. I'm glad that you took these photos, they are beautiful and quiet. Like you I more often than not do NOT take the picture and then regret it.
    That Mark Twain quote played a huge role in our decision to move to the States.

    ReplyDelete