Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Photography Class


"I am still learning."  -  Michelangelo at 87 years old


I'm taking an online photography class at Bryan Peterson School of Photography.  The class is taught by Kathleen Clemons and is called Capturing the Beauty of Flowers.  (You can read about the class HERE.)  If you haven't checked out her work, you should.  She does amazing work with flowers.  (You can see her work HERE.)


It is a 4 week class with 4 lessons, very doable.  

My February is a relatively quiet month this year, so I thought it would be a perfect time for a class.  The only thing about a flower photography class in the winter...you have to shoot indoors.  I wish it was summer and I could shoot outdoors, but I am managing with store bought flowers and window light. 


I will have plenty of new photography ideas to try outside when spring comes.  It is coming...right?

We had snow early Wednesday morning.  However, I didn't see the snow falling, when I woke up it was pouring down rain.  The 2 or 3 inches of slush was very heavy to shovel.  I just did the sidewalk and a path down the driveway.  I figured it would all melt eventually because of the rain... 


Megan has sent in her college applications.  Wow.  How did that happen?  (I am thinking many of you have already gone through that, and much more with your kids.)  She hasn't made up her mind yet.  She may go away or she may stay home and go to a college close by.  She will have to make a decision soon... 

Have you taken any classes lately?   How's your weather?  I would love to hear about it.  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle B




7 comments:

  1. Love Kathleen’s classes. Have you checked out her classes on CreativeLive? She is the best. Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower captures. It's lovely to take a course, it gets us out of our 'safe' habits and nourishes our creativity!
    Our weather is very much in spring mode, though it's really too early so it could change at any moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea to take a class in winter, especially flowers to keep you feeling good. I love all the tulips you have chosen but I really how how you capture the purple and yellow Iris.
    I started a writing class in November but we have had only two meetings since it was the holiday. I am loving it though.
    A bit different than photography for a change...the weather here has been cold, snowy and windy. Not my favorite kind of weather. Spring gets closer every day though.
    Enjoy the rest of your class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flower photos are exquisite, Michelle. Your Photography class sounds like a fun one and a learning experience. I took a black and white Photography class years ago, and I really enjoyed it. This will be a big journey for Megan going to college, and I wish her well with the decision she will make soon. How wonderful that you're getting rain, that's always a good thing.

    Enjoy your class, and I look forward to seeing all the beautiful photos you take.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote - I feel that way also, always learning. The university where I work has a large division devoted to developing “life long learning”. I’m taking a year long art journaling course right now - it’s all new to me, I’ve never really worked with paints, collage, pastels... the learning process is so rewarding, even when I look at my finished project thinking “what the heck?”

    Your photography class sounds great. I’m not crazy about shooting indoors, but there is lots to learn about light and shooting in conditions you wouldn’t choose. You’ll have even more fun in the spring when you can get out in the flower gardens!

    Oh boy - college choices. I’ve been there - it’s both exciting and stressful! I wish your daughter lots of luck in making her decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling with you about the college decision. It was a tough one here as well, a stressful time.
    Your flower photos are beautiful, I especially love the top one - gorgeous. It sounds like a very interesting class.
    Yes, I'm doing a class as well, two actually - a writing class and an art journal class. I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle,
    Thanks for the heads up on the class. Your macro shots are truly breath-taking. Keep it up.

    ~Christopher

    ReplyDelete