Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Orchid Show


"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent.  It is the one that is most adaptable to change."  -  Charles Darwin
"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.  It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."  -  Gerard Way

It wasn't our first choice...




A friend and I have a 'Photo Day' about once a month.  We enjoy ourselves taking pictures, talking and usually having lunch out.  Hiking to waterfalls was what we wanted to do on this Photo Day, but an inch of rain wasn't the right weather for hiking or taking pictures outdoors.  So we went with our fallback plan...the orchid show at Franklin Park Conservatory.  (Check them out HERE) 


Thankfully, we made it safely there and back, driving through rain, fog and a Weather Channel app alert for a tornado warning.  


Because of the storm, the shooting conditions even inside were poor.  The storm blocked most of the light from coming through the conservatory windows.   My shutter speeds were slow, even after adjusting the ISO and aperture.  My monopod helped me hold my camera steadier, but I still had a lot of blurry pictures.   


Although, I did get a few shots I liked. :)


Since we have gone to the orchid show every year for the past couple of years, neither of us thought we would see anything new...we were wrong. 

It seemed like there were more varieties than last year, more colors and shapes, all so beautiful.


It wasn't where we originally wanted to spend our day, but sometimes a change of plans has a way of working out great.

Do you have a favorite indoor garden you like to visit in the winter months?  Or maybe a favorite place to look at flowers in the summer months?  I would love to hear about it...maybe even put it on my bucket list. :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle



2 comments:

  1. Well you certainly got some lovely shots at the Orchid Show. I especially like Nos 4 and 5 and that last macro is quite astonishing!
    There is no indoor garden near me that could be visited in the winter months, so I usually wait until I can visit outdoor gardens in the warmer season!

    Yesterday, I saw my first spring flowers! But this is just the timid beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful spot - even if it wasn't your first choice, and now you have your first choice to look forward to another day. I don't have an indoor garden that I know of, but I think it's time I look it up! These flowers are beautiful, and you did indeed get some stunning shots!

    ReplyDelete