Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Busy as a Bee


"Delight in the little things."  -  Rudyard Kipling

Fall? Already?  How did that happen?



I really didn't mean to be away from my blog this long...

Time flew by...my days filled with archery, travel, cleaning, yard work, boating, work-work, family visits, a tethered hot air balloon ride and a total solar eclipse.

Of course, I kept taking pictures...

I enjoyed capturing critters in my backyard.


I went to a lavender farm in Ohio.  I didn't even know we had a lavender farm...another surprise...white lavender.  Who knew?


My daughter and I went shooting, a lot.  I shot with my Nikon while my daughter was shooting her bow at the archery range.  On a very windy shooting day, I was sure nothing would be in focus, I took one of my  favorite pictures...capturing the dance of a bee with a wild flower in the wind.


I found myself at a Frank Lloyd Wright house, Fallingwater.  What a beautiful place.


A swan flirted with me as I walked around a pond.  Eventually he swam close enough and I took his portrait with my 60 mm lens.


I visited a sunflower field.


Remember the black chair from my last post?  I took the picture I had in mind when I bought it.  It was fun.


My family and I played at the ocean...


Almost two months later, tears rolled down my cheeks as I kept vigil over the weather radar praying Irma would be kind.  She wasn't.  Two weeks after Irma, Marie visited rubbing salt into their still open wounds.  I continue to pray for the people of St. John USVI, and all the others who are affected by the storms, in hopes they stay safe and find 'normal' again quickly...

When I see tragedies in the news, they seem to take me by the shoulders and shake me, waking me up to the blessings in my own life.  Looking over my pictures from the summer makes me realize life is full of wonderful little moments, and I shouldn't take anything for granted...no matter what their size.  I am blessed.

Thank you so much for stopping by, especially since I was missing for so long... 
I really do appreciate your visit.
Have a beautiful day!

Michelle



8 comments:

  1. I was wondering whether something had happened - and am glad that you're back. I always enjoy your beautiful photography so much.
    The storms have been awful, and so were the earthquakes in Mexico. We truly are blessed, and I completely agree with you that we shouldn't take anything for granted. I am grateful for all the things in my life, especially my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see you back again, Michelle! Taking a break is a good thing...and look at all the fun and beautiful things you've seen and done. I'm intrigued by the lavender farm. I learned of another one up north, just over the IN border. GORGEOUS chair photo! And that FLW house is on my list to see in person. So, yes, here we are now into Fall, and it just cooled down here yesterday. Tomorrow we're going on our annual Orchard outing, and photo shoot. Happy you enjoyed your summer, and thanks for sharing it with us. We are so grateful, and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back!!! YAY! Just love all your images in this collection. And I have a particular weakness for the bees - I think they are a spirit animal of mine (well, them and the turtles - ha!). I'm so glad you had a wonderful, restorative summer with your family! Looks like loads of fun was had by all!!! :))

    Blessings of light and love, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're back, Michelle !
    Oh, time flies ... can't believe it's autumn already ...
    Nice to hear you enjoyed summer, we have a local lavender farm too ... and another surprise 'soft pink' lavender ! :-)
    Wonderful photos, I really love the one with the chair,
    such a creative capture !
    And I agree about enjoying those little moments ...
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see you again. Your summer looks busy but fun. Your photos tell the wonderful story of what has been occupying your days. All of them very lovely.
    While you were away I was busy getting my new blog finished up. I hope when you have a minute you will come over and check it out. My address is the same but you will need to subscribe again. Www.cherylcrotty.com. Looking forward to more of your post now that fall is here. Have a great weekend Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, What a BEAUTIFUL blog post. You have been busy...those bee shots....I'm swooning. I wish I lived closer to go on these field trips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I was thinking about you just the other day. It looks like you had a very full and fun summer, and your photography is still top-notch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, I'm pleased to see you posting again. I like that quote. The sooner we realise that those little things are valuable, the better for us and those around us. And I love that you managed to take the photo you had in mind when buying the chair, great idea and lovely image!

    ReplyDelete