Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Orange Sherbet


"If we experienced life through the eyes of a child, everything would be magical and extraordinary.  Let our curiosity, adventure and  wonder of life never end."   
-  Akiane Kramarik


John and I took a sunset walk out to the lake.


The leaves covering the path had a weird cushiony, crunchy feel under our feet, probably from the thawing and refreezing temperatures during the previous weeks.  It even warmed up enough to melt most of the snow.

The cold wind blowing across the lake last weekend wasn't enough to freeze it solid, but it was more than enough to make my ears feel frozen.  Although, the sunset was well worth braving the cold.  (Little did I know the temperature that day would be warm compared to the negative numbers we would get later in the week.) 

Maybe I was hungry...the colors of the sunset reminded me of orange sherbet...my favorite ice cream growing up.  :)

Isn't it funny how our memory works?  How something can bring up childhood memories out of the blue?  My orange sherbet memory put a smile on my face...

What was, or is, your favorite ice cream flavor?  I would love to know...and then I will have to test them all out.  :)

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle




9 comments:

  1. How lovely! The peach tones are beautiful. So prettily framed by tree silhouettes! Such a great place to walk before the real cold came in!
    I love vanilla ice cream because you can dress it up with different hot sauces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And how nice to take a walk at sunset. The sky is kind of like orange sherbet. Hmmmm, ice cream, yummmmm. If I were to be asked the one food I thought I'd never be able to give up, I'd answer without much thought - ice cream! My favorite... Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup ranks near the top - or at the complete opposite of the spectrum, I like sweet cream - the plainest of the plain - pure ice cream. I'm kind of hungry, now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange Sherbet it is that. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your peaceful wintry scene. Unfortunately, I don’t eat ice cream anymore, but there was a time when I couldn’t resist mint chip. I craved orange dreamcicles when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lake does look cold Michelle and it also looks a bit like ours with the dock up close and those mountains in the back. Good for you for going for a walk. I would have been all bundled up in a chair, fire going and reading...
    My favorite ice cream growing up was always Buttercrunch for a favorite ice cream shop, which is still in business today. I don't get it often anymore because we don't live close by. I did like orange sherbet also and do you remember creamsicles...those were so yummy also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Michelle, this is so beautiful - everything, your image, your words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Estupendo post! espero verte pronto por mi blog! Feliz día !♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this pic...sucker for sunsets and sunrises. VERY PRETTY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great prose and photo. You captured the moment perfectly. It's difficult to but memories into words. Especially if it's something specific and unique to you. The brain in an amazing but complex thing. Often the smallest hint can trigger a memory that we had forgotten...or that we didn't even know we forgot. And my favorite ice cream in strawberry :)

    ~Christopher

    ReplyDelete