Pages

Friday, March 1, 2019

A Few Quotes To Share


"Perfectionism is just fear in fancy shoes and a mink coat."  -  Elizabeth Gilbert



I had a busy week...

I didn't take any pictures.  I didn't write any words.  

My blog post almost didn't happen.
    
But I remembered a phrase I heard a while back...perfect doesn't exist....those are good words to live by...

So, I looked back on my pictures from this summer and found some flower photos I had taken.  I decided to find some quotes to share and put the two together to create this little blog post.  

I hope you enjoy the quotes...and the flowers. :)


"Just remember:  The people that say, "Your dreams are impossible." have already quit on theirs."  -  Grant Cardone

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.:  -  Dr. Suess

"If you really want to do something you'll find a way, if you don't you'll find an excuse."  -  Jim Rohn


"There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle."  -  Albert Einstein

"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck."  
-  Dalai Lama

"If you want to find happiness, find gratitude."  -  Steve Maraboli



Do you have a favorite quote you would like to share?  I would love to hear it.  :)

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle



6 comments:

  1. I so love quotes to express how I fell about a photo. These are perfection as well as your beautiful photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreamy flower captures, Michelle! Each one would make a fabulous print for your wall.
    I enjoyed the quotations too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I let my mind wander through the labyrinth of your roses this morning while it snows outside. We're under a Winter Storm Warning until Sunday morning. Thank you for the thoughtful quotes. Here is one I like:

    Landscapes of the Mind — Dawna Markova
    I will not die an unlived life.
    I will not live in fear
    of falling or catching fire.
    I choose to inhabit my days,
    to allow my living to open me,
    to make me less afraid,
    more accessible;
    to loosen my heart
    until it becomes a wing,
    a torch, a promise.
    I choose to risk my significance,
    to live so that which came to me as seed
    goes to the next as blossom,
    and that which came to me as blossom,
    goes on as fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart with that red rose, Michelle. So pretty. And the details on the last flower is amazing. It's still raining here, so no flowers yet. Just some small ones here and there. The "gratitude" quote you shared is lovely, and so true.

    ~Sheri

    *one of my favorite quotes:

    "No matter what happens, always keep your childhood innocence.
    It's the most important thing." ~Federico Fellini

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW!!! Michelle, these remind me of something O'Keeffe would paint ... and at first, I thought they were paintings!! Magical, beautiful, completely jaw-dropping gorgeous images! I would love to use these as inspirations to paint. Would you mind if I did? (:

    I am hoping that my comment will successfully post this time. I created a new blogger account just so I can give it a try! Here's hoping.

    Thank you for sharing these beauties! Truly, I didn't really read the quotes (sorry), I was too busy studying your awe-amazing images, my friend. :)
    xo,
    Barb Liszcz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower photos are stunning! I have a bunch of favorite quotes. The one I’ve been telling myself repeatedly, lately is
    “Quiet the mind and the soul will speak” and one that has stuck with me for a long time was said by Earl Nightingale
    “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”

    ReplyDelete