Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Morning Jewels


'Every dew drop and rain drop has a whole heaven within it.' 
-  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Sunday morning I woke up to a sparkling carpet of dew covering the lawn.


The dew was clinging to the unmowed grass and weeds.  The sun was bright.  Everywhere I turned there were little jewels shining.  It was a photographers dream.  By the time I was finished taking pictures, my jeans were soaked from sitting on the wet grass... and I had a smile on my face.  It is spring.  

Have you been enjoying spring weather?  

Today I am joining Kim Klassen's Friday Finds.  My top image was textured with Kim's texture avery and used Kim's Lightroom preset lightandairy on all my images.  

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a great weekend!
Michelle

Kim Klassen dot com

15 comments:

  1. I just got back from Portland OR yesterday and I took some of these little sweet weeds but I didn't get a jewel like this. I think I got a bug though! :) Love the little jewel Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dandelion girl, you sure lived up to your name today. You can make a simple weed shine like roses. Beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How charming! I know exactly what you mean: those dew drops really are like little diamonds scattered over the grass. It's a lovely way of looking at the whole dew phenomenon. Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured the bokeh so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've always wanted to capture lots of dew drops on the grass, but so far haven't. I like that there was uncut grass to glisten in the sun. Love the triptych of grass, flowers and puffs of seeds. Hope you are enjoying your spring weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh we are still just beginning to green here. Today is cool and rainy and grey but tomorrow promises to be warm and sunny. We have no grass or dandelions yet....but soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dandelions are a sure sign of spring! And dew on the grass ... does it get any sweeter? I know you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, love them....and too love dewy mornings with waterdrops, so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow ! I love your photos, all that glorious bokeh, all those beautiful droplets. Gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh your grass is so green! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so nice to be out and about again...love that your enjoying the great outdoors and finding all these lovely images...we are not "green"...your photo's give me hope...
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful finds ... love the tiny bokeh glimpses, the morning mist is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww, pure gorgeousness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love dandelions too, they are beautiful in all stages

    ReplyDelete