Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Memories



"Sometimes you will never know the value of something until it becomes a memory."  -  Dr. Seuss
                                   
                                                                       
I love the smell of peonies.  


They remind me of my grandma and grandpa's house.  When I was little we would alternate between their house and ours' for dinner on Sunday night.  Grandma would give us soda in a tall red glass, since my mom didn't buy us soda, it was a special treat.  Even after all these years, whenever I am drinking soda and bubbles fizz up to touch my nose, I remember my Grandma.  


When the weather was nice we played croquet in their backyard.  Their yard was nice and flat, a perfect croquet field. 

I purchased a croquet set at a garage sale a few years back.  When my mom and dad visit we have a ball playing croquet.  We reminisce about the days playing with grandma and grandpa, and at the same time make memories for my daughter with her grandparents.

Summer is a good time to make memories. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle



7 comments:

  1. What beautiful memories and I think it is a shame that we don't do this more often or maybe it is just with my family we don't. Have those special days of just getting together for a meal and good memories. You have used this wonderful old flower and showcased it at its best. Wonderfully simple and beautiful peonies. The special times with my Mom when I went for a visit was her and me walking around her yard and her showing me what was blooming. It was always special to her, her yard and blooms, that is how I remember of her. And the peonies were one of the special times for me. Have a beautiful summer Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those are the sweetest memories. I remember, too, the little treats that we got at grandmas. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. first...you and I both did peony posts and they have the most delicate scent. Yes to croquet! What beautiful memories of your grandparents. Love your editing on your photos today Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I remember playing croquet at home in our front yard, and badminton too. Funny how we never do these things any more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely memories, Michelle !
    Love peonies ..these are so pretty in soft pink and yellow !
    Amazing captures ... love the darker tones on one side !
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Michelle your images are so wonderful!! Especially loving that first one. The peonies are an exquisite color, sheer perfection. And such a wonderful memory brings to mind a few at my grandparents house. I am sure it was there that I first developed a love for gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love your memories! Croquet is such a fun game. Your peonies are simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete