Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Spring?


"There's just something beautiful about walking in snow that nobody else has walked on.  It makes you believe you're special."  -  Carol Rifka Brunt


Croquet wasn't going to be on the to-do list this past Wednesday. 



Knowing it was the last snow for a while (hopefully) made the snow seem a little magical.  So I trekked out in my rain boots to take a few shots of the oddly timed snow.  


The heavy, wet snow stuck to the sides of the trees and the screen on the porch.




Green was starting to make an appearance in the yard, with the daffodils beginning to bloom and the daylily leaves popping up.


We were lucky to be measuring the snow in inches, not feet.


Although I found the snow beautiful, I hope I don't have to see any again for a while. :)



How is your spring weather?

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Stay warm!
Michelle 



9 comments:

  1. Love your snow pictures. Luckily the big snowstorm didn’t get as far north as northwestern Pennsylvania. We are even seeing grass out there. I can’t wait till better weather so I can get outside more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely captures of your snow! I especially love the one of the daffodil bud coming through! Our spring weather is up and down! No more snow, but icy winds and the flowers are hiding under the earth - except the crocus which are looking a little windswept right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful snow pictures, Michelle, I love that little touch of spring !
    Rain here and it's going to get warmer ... :-)
    Have a lovely week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wet snow sure makes thing pretty, guess if it is going to snow it might as well be pretty. Hope your Spring is around the corner. I know my mom would wait until the 10th of May before doing any work in the yard as this surprise storm shows. Lovely work Michelle and braving the cold to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got pummeled in southeast Pennsylvania by yet another nor'easter this past week! Totals of snow accumulation over a 2 day period was roughly 15" to 18"! The kids had 2 MORE snow days!!! But the sun is shining again and the wintry stuff is thawing, melting. I am beyond ready for spring weather...

    Beautiful images, Michelle. :) Thanks for sharing. Happy Spring to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great seeing somebody else's photos of snow, and for once not having some of our own. Loved this tour Michelle. I hope you are done with the snow too though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well - you surely did make the snow look beautiful, and I love the quote. It's so true, there is nothing like snow that no one has walked on. Spring is slowly arriving in my part of New England. I am looking forward to all the snow melting and when the temperatures stay above freezing during the night. This is New England, though, so anything goes for another month or so.

    I do love all the muted tones in your series of photos - the color in the one photo of the daffodils really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so pretty and such great captures of the snow. I always find it amazing when I see flowers pushing their way through snow. It just says 'courage' to me.....I hope you have a great Easter...

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful images! You make the snow look magical. And with all the cold white stuff I almost don't dare to tell you about our spring weather - warm and sunny.

    ReplyDelete