Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2018

April Fool's


"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance."  
 -  Japanese Proverb


Mother Nature played a late April Fool's joke on us.  
 
In the evening hours of April 1st Mother Nature delivered snow.  The wet, heavy snow clung to the trees...and was beautiful. 


I first saw the snow the next morning as I was taking my daughter to school and I knew what I had to do.  I ignored the voice in my head chanting my long to-do list over-and-over, went home and grabbed my camera.  A five minute drive away would be the perfect spot to take pictures of the last snow of the season.  (Didn't I just say that in my last post?)


I was glad I did.

The singing birds made it sound like spring, giving me a private serenade as I admired the beauty through my camera lens.


I was the only one at the park for a good 30 minutes.  When a few people did arrive, they were happy about the snow too.  A 'winter wonderland'  was repeated more than once in our passing greetings.  


The snow didn't last long.  By the afternoon it was gone, leaving only a few puddles here and there.


It was my favorite snow of the year.  :)

The ground was too warm for it to stick to the roads and the temperature was just above freezing.  Perfect for getting out quick and taking a few pictures.


I have joined in with #The100DayProject on Instagram (Read about it  HERE.) for the first time.  For 100 days I am taking pictures of the beauty I find in my life.  I post on Instagram at @kneedeepindandelions.  You can look at my Instagram account HERE.  The only thing is...I am not good at keeping up with projects.  But hopefully, declaring my project here on my blog will give me a little more stick-to-it-ness.  (I just made that word up:)  

Are you joining in The 100 Day Project?

I hope you are enjoying your spring despite what Mother Nature may be sending your way...

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle 




6 comments:

  1. I love that first scene and so much snow still where you live. Even here, spring is starting up so slowly. I agree, that hearing birdsong really does remind us that spring is trying to come it! Good luck with your 100-Day project. I don't go on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you ignored the long to-do list and took pictures of this beautiful day. I love to see snow pictures. A winter wonderland, indeed. I'm surprised the birds were out singing. Oh, they're such sturdy and sweet ones.

    It's raining here the rest of the week! : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snow images really make me miss the snow... sort of. I would love to take pictures like that. Sigh, we're never happy with what we have, right?
    I'm joining the100dayproject as well, and I also wonder whether I will stick to it ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully that is the last snow for you. I say that as it is snowing here again. Beautiful photos, glad you went and took the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, it's now Monday 4/9 as I'm reading your post, and this morning we were gifted with another white blanket, just enough to cover everything but the roads. I took a few photos from the upstairs window to capture a "roof top" view. I will happily watch your 100 day project. I like how they've defined it. I'm no good at all with prompts, because if I don't find one, or think of one, then I postpone the whole thing. Your snow pictures are so picturesque! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure how I missed this post - but am glad to be catching up - and very glad you ignored the little voice that was telling you to keep to your to-do list! Your images of your "last" snow are beautiful! I love projects, but am terrible at keeping up with them. Maybe someday... but I do love looking at everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete