Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2018

What Are You Looking At?


"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."  -  Lewis Carroll 




Mother's Day morning my husband, John, took me on a drive through rural Ohio.

Our windows were down and the warm breeze felt wonderful after the long winter.  Occasionally the smell wasn't too pleasant, but that is just one of the hazards of driving on a two lane road winding between cows and horses.  :)


Another hazard...at times there isn't a safe way to get out of the car to take pictures where you would like.

I improvised.

I took off my shoes, stood on the passenger's seat and stuck my head out the sunroof.  I got a great view.  And my driver was very cooperative whenever I asked him to move the car a few feet forward or back.  I felt like I was on a safari, sticking my head out whenever there was a photo opportunity and place to stop.  Evidently the cows had never seen such a sight and were staring at me as I was taking pictures.  Bonus!


It was fun.

We weren't gone long, our teenage daughter was still sleeping when we got back.


Once home, it was back to the usual routine with things to clean and food to prepare.  I could have started my chores when I got up (which did cross my mind), then I would have missed the cows and barns, and some quality time with John.  I know I am blessed to have certain responsibilities, but I think making time for adventures is important too...no matter how small.

Have you taken time for a little adventure lately?  I would love to hear about it.  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle 


8 comments:

  1. From these lovely photos the day looks perfect...blue sky, lush green and nature. I can imagine you popping out of the sunroof...brilliant! A country ride is on my list yet...we've had a few urgent home projects, then it will be time for outings and photo shoots with nature (one is planned for next Wed.) Your Mother's Day morning sounds so lovely and peaceful. Have a nice week Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventures are always fun and this one certainly gave you lovely opportunities for photos. A private chauffeur too and safari style! Well done for grabbing this fun time with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful country scene, with Look at Me Cows, gorgeous weathered barns and so pretty skies. I would take this over housework any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice set, Michelle! That fence post (tree in the raw!)!!! All the returning green and weathered barns -- wonderful! :) Happy Weekend!! Here's to more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you both enjoyed a wonderful morning, Michelle !
    Gorgeous photos !
    Love cows ... and how they were staring at you :-)
    Have a nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my type of adventure - what a lovely Mother's Day treat! I love the image of you with your head out the sunroof, snapping photos. Believe it or not, my husband loves that smell that you describe as not too pleasant. It takes him back to happy childhood memories on his uncle's farm - it's funny how scents can do that. I don't mind the smell, myself - as long as it's not too strong... You captured some beautiful photos on your adventure - early morning serenity. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you took the chance to spend the morning with your husband and share with us these beautiful images. Getting out of the routine is like a fresh wind in our life and so very important. It sure was a lovely way to begin Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet husband! Glen wouldn't think of that unless I told him to do that. Oh well, I guess they all have their unique gifts.

    ReplyDelete