Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

A Very Windy Day


"Anything you can't control is teaching you how to let go."  -  Jackson Kiddard


It was a very, very windy day last week when a friend and I went to Cox Arboretum to find some spring blossoms.
We weren't sure if we were too late for the flowers, or if the wind would spoil our shots.

We were pleasantly surprised by all the flowers...


  

The day was beautiful with the sun coming and going behind the clouds.  The magnolias were about at their end, but still quite lovely.  We found crabapple trees of all kinds in bloom.  A few daffodils were still looking good too.  I am sure more of my 500 images would have turned out better if it wasn't so windy, but I did get a few shots I liked.



We had fun.  And I believe that is the whole point of going out and exploring, enjoying the time, being open to what shows up and trying not to worry if the pictures turn out or not. 

Although...it is nice to have a few good shots once in a while. :)
 

Thank you so much for stopping by!!
Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Michelle



10 comments:

  1. I think I just dropped into gorgeousness, so pretty each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though you got several beautiful shots! I often find that the unexpected or things I can’t control often turn out surprisingly good. And then - it’s always nice just to have a day out with a friend, enjoying the beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful spring you photographed! Walking among blooms with a friend - what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flower shots. I especially love the artistic magnolia captures!
    Happy Mother's Day to you also this coming Sunday May 13!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are Georgeous Michelle. Love the soft colors and form. A day shooting with a friend is always a good day and spring is the prefect time of year.
    Your quote hit home with me. We have been dealing with a family member with serious health issues, letting go on some levels but holding on on others.
    Happy Mother’s Day to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day to you too! You still have captured the essence of flowers, wind and all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wind was here this week also, and yet I still attempt shooting, especially the tree blooms. Yours turned out soooo gorgeous! An outing with a friend and time with the camera is rewarding, in all respects. Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's difficult to get good photos when it is so windy, and yours turned out lovely. I like the softness in the images. It makes them very spring-like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!! :) Happy Mother's Day!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all wonderful, Michelle !
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete