Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2018

I Still Can't Believe It



 Last October I hadn't checked my blog email account for three weeks...


I was stunned when I opened an email from Artful Blogging asking if I would be interested in submitting images for consideration to be featured in an upcoming issue.  Of course I said yes...although I was a little embarrassed to be responding so late.

The easy part, submitting photographs...

I submitted about 35 images and they also looked through my blog photos, picking the ones they thought would work best with the magazine.

The hard part, writing an article...

Needless to say, I am more comfortable with photographs than words.


It took me a while to write the article...

I found out my husband, who has opened only one fiction book in his adult life, has an amazing grasp on the English language.  My daughter and I, both avid readers, would give each other a 'who knew' look whenever another punctuation rule flowed out of his mouth.  Seriously, we were amazed.  I think he remembers all the rules from high school English.  He thought since we read all the time we would know these things too.  No.  We forgot it all and read for content, evidently he reads and notices how things are put together...the engineer brain.  :)

I also enlisted help from my sister and a friend, who both gave me invaluable opinions.  Thank you everybody for your help and support!

Danielle and Evelyn from Artful Blogging were a pleasure to work with.  I am grateful and so appreciate the opportunity to have a tiny part in the lovely publication and to share the pages with such creative individuals. There are some amazing bloggers in the summer issue...amazing photographs too.

I still can't believe it.  :)

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit my blog, I appreciate it more than you know.

P.S.  I bet you have been wondering what the one fiction book my husband read...Harry Potter.  He couldn't wait for the next movie.  :)

Have a great day!
Michelle



13 comments:

  1. Michelle, such exciting news !
    So happy for you... Congrats !
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s amazing. I’m so glad you are getting the recognition you deserve. Quite an accomplishment. I follow your blog and always enjoy your pictures and your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Michelle - so very exciting! I am looking forward to seeing you photos and article!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and congratulations! You are rightfully thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and lovely post Michelle, I can so relate to this about writing. And my husband was an engineer also and can relate. How cool for you and well deserved for you to be rewarded with seeing your photography in print. Looking forward to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Fabulous news, Michelle!!! CONGRATS! Please let us know when the publication is released! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful! I know that magazine - what an honor to being featured in it. Congratulations! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I am going to have to go out and get this issue. Congratulations! And I am not the least bit surprised, your work is amazing. And I agree the easy part was submitting the photos, words much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! You are amazing!!!! Not surprised they picked you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful, Michelle! I think your photos often tell a story in their own way, so you don't need many words. Speaking of Harry Potter, it is my children's favorite book, and Nel just had a baby shower given to her in a Harry Potter theme. Isn't that cute?

    Happy May days.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooo hooo! Congratulations Michelle. This is just awesome, and your photography is so beautiful and fitting for the publication. I must find a copy to ready! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must find this issue. I have one saved from long ago that a friend gave to me, and I still enjoy looking at it. Congratulations and well done! I was an English major in college and am still kind of a grammar freak. If I buy a kindle book, and it’s full of mistakes in grammar, it drives me crazy even if the story is good.

    ReplyDelete