Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Family Time



 
I took this photo with my iphone and used the apps Camera+ and Noir, then added a Kim Klassen texture called touch of-1.
 
‘You don't choose your family.  They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.’ 
~Desmond Tutu

‘When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.’ 
~Joyce Brothers

My family and I visited Huffman Prairie Flying Field this past weekend.  Huffman Prairie is where the Wright Brothers spent hundreds of hours learning how to fly their new contraption, the airplane.  If they could only see us now...   

It was one of those unexpected adventures so I only had my iphone, but I got to play with some new apps.  

I took this picture with my iphone and used the apps Camera+ and Mextures.
  

We took the long way around because the shorter route was closed.   Evidently they close the road when the shotgun range is open, really.  I had to take a picture.  I was just hoping I was a safe distance away from the range while out of the car taking the picture.


I took this photo with my iphone and used the apps Camera+ and Mextures. 


Spring is not quite here yet and the prairie was still brown.   I really do like the seed pods, and spending time exploring with my family.

We did get an inch or so of snow and a little ice Wednesday here in Southwest Ohio.  Thursday it all melted.  Today it will be in the 60’s, maybe Spring is remembering to return.

Today I am linking up with Kim Klassen’s Friday Finds.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Have a great weekend!
Michelle
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Well the iphone and apps are so fun to play with and you can't go wrong if you want to have some fun. Love all these. I love the Noir app so much. Just discovered it again after having it on my phone for a long time. Love what you have done with it. Just discovered a new painterly app this week you might like if you don't know about it already called Brushstroke. It is awesome. $2.99 and so well worth the price, so many different options for play and create. Love all you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time, Michelle !
    Lovely images and beautiful editing !
    Have a nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure! I love phone photos - they are all like mini pieces of art. I love the perspective on the road and the shot of the teasel - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my iPhone apps so addicted, love your road shot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos. I'm another iphone app addict! Happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you know, I have to tell you, I think it's a grand idea that they close the road when the shotgun range is open. :-D Your photos are grand! I bought an iPhone 5S for the camera ... that I hardly ever use. I really must change that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle,
    wow...these are all Iphone pictures? I can't believe!
    There are apps for Iphone photo editing? I didnt know.
    The first picture is amazing! So wonderful! The last pic is very interesting for me too!
    I love the colors in this photo!
    Yes, I really think you had a lot of fun with your family!
    And you have no snow anymore! Oh, thanks god!
    Now, spring can come, right?
    Have a great weekend,
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes my best moments are captured with my iPhone - your apps look better than just instagram. The last shot is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your iPhone pictures. I am taking my first i phonographs course with Susan Tuttle and I only have an ipad. But I love using apps. You can get so creative.

    ReplyDelete