Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Quiet


‘The quieter you become, the more you can hear.’ – Ram Das
 
I enjoy quiet.  

Some of my favorite quiet times are; walking hand in hand with my husband, reading side by side with my daughter, or enjoying a good sunset.  Times when no words are necessary, just being together makes the moment complete.  

Another time I like quiet is when I am taking pictures, my mind is quiet and I concentrate on what I see.  When I take pictures of flowers, I like to set my focus as close as the lens allows, then move my camera in and out slightly to see what is there.  The shapes, lines and color become something new, almost foreign.  A quiet time I thoroughly enjoy.

Today I am joining Kim Klassen’s Texture Tuesday, the theme is quiet.  My images today were taken with my Nikon and textured with Kim Klassen’s texture ‘simple’ using blending mode ‘soft light’ in Photoshop Elements.

 


Spring is late to it’s party here in Ohio.  We have some cold weather this week along with the east coast.  I have enjoyed looking at blogs with wonderful spring flower pictures, it really does help bring hope that spring will come soon.  Spring is coming this year, isn’t it?

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate all of your comments and warm words you take time out of your day to write.  Thank you.  Have a great week!!

Michelle


 Kim Klassen Café

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, you've found all the most wonderful quiet times! Beautiful colors and orchid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I enjoy quiet, too. In fact, I really crave it. When I'm home alone, it's quiet, no TV, no radio. Just me and my own thoughts. Your images are so pretty and, yes, so quiet. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love the colours. I'm a fan of quiet too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michele,
    youre orchid is so nice!
    I hope with you the spring soon comes back.
    Today we also have a bad weather again :(
    Have a nice week, dear one greets to ohio!
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Special explanation of your quiet times Michelle -- that's a lovely orchid macro. Superb texturing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful captures, Michelle !
    Hope spring is coming soon for you ...
    Nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning flower macros! lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Michelle,
    you have still no sign of spring? I cant believe.
    We are so lucky with our almost twenty degree celsius.
    I wish you can read a book in the sun outside soon and doing everything what makes so much fun without winter jackets. Your orchid is so beautiful but unfortunately I have no luck with this beauty. I wish you the best. Your Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Michelle,
    what georgeous photos you make. Filled with passion and love.
    Sunny days to wake up spring
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful orchids! I love the quiet you find in wilderness. Have a happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to escape to quiet. We had snow yesterday again, thankfully by the end of the day the new stuff was gone. So ready for Spring. I love seeing everybody else's flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, I love your images. What a beautiful way to capture the delicate details of these beautiful flowers. I'm looking forward to spring too - yes, I do believe that spring will come :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flower image was just beautiful and captured that quiet feeling. Quiet times are nice arent they? Spring is late here in western pa too. Twelve degrees this morning. We are going to love spring when it gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle, Your photos of the orchids make for striking images - kind of abstract and very contemplative. I really enjoyed your description of your creative process and the telling ways you spend your quiet times. Such a pleasure to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful images - when I'm concentrating on a shot I hear nothing but my thoughts on creating the image. Your description is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great weekend - I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete