Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

From Above






‘If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.’
– Wayne Dyer


Today I am linking up with Kim Klassen’s Texture Tuesday, the theme is ‘from above’.  This happens to be one of my favorite perspectives for taking pictures.  Objects can look nice from the side, but everything changes when I look from the top down.  With this different view I find new things to appreciate in an object, in an ‘oh, I never noticed that before’ kind of way.  Looking closer and recognizing the beauty in front of me is one of the many things I like about photography.

I used the Kim Klassen texture frosted in blend mode color burn for this image.  
I will do my best not to use a blue vase or wood background in my next post. I just love them so much. :)

Spring was looking like it made its way back to Ohio, but we are supposed to get snow tomorrow.  They say we are getting 1 - 2 inches. Hopefully it will melt quickly, I can't wait for the grass to be green and flowers to pop up.  I hope spring is finding you, wherever you are.

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a great week!
Michelle


Kim Klassen Café

16 comments:

  1. I am beginning to love from above. I love the bright colours in your image so happy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color!!!


    http://pienilintu.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. No please, no snow anymore! Hope you also feel spring everywhere!!!
    Hi Michelle, hey.. I love this blue vase, so in my opinion you could post more pictures from this beauty! I like the way you look at things, the perspective!
    The words from DYER are gorgeous! Thanks for it!
    Best to you! Send you a lot of warm sunlights!!!
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness... this is breathtaking and please, don't stop using these colours! I NEED to see them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love sunflowers and I love this from the 'up above' perspective. Very pretty with that texture, too. Color is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ~ It was always a challenge to get third graders to internalize the concept of bird's eye view. They did use it all the time in art when struggling with perspective ~ quite fascinating! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the blue really makes the sunflower sing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some colors we are simply attracted to Michele! Just go with what you love….because this is so gorgeous. And blue and yellow always look beautiful. Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty sunflower, Michelle, so beautiful the yellow against the blue !
    Wonderful details !
    Have a nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Love that the bright blue vase perfectly encircles the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic. Wonderful with the view from the top. Great color combination. Like the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Those colours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Michelle! We got a couple of inches last night but it will melt today. Hurry Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Turquoise just both energzing and calming effect ... one of my fav colors - Please keep on posting your gorgeous pictures, also like the vase in your post below. The sunflower give a lovely contrast - just wonderful!
    PS: Stay warm with all the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - what a fabulous punch of color! love the yellow against the blue, Michelle. This image would make a great "button" for. . . something :) I hear you're digging out from another 8inches or so... spring will come, I promise. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete