Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2017

A Foggy Morning



"Sometimes we need the fog to remind ourselves that all of life is not black and 
white."  -  Jonathon Lockwood Huie


The morning fog didn't last long, but it was long enough to get me thinking...


Just as the fog distorts my view of the lake, how much do my own beliefs and perceptions distort my view of the world?

Do I search for proof of my beliefs and unconsciously, or sometimes consciously, ignore any evidence to the contrary?

What if I tried seeing things from a different perspective, without being defensive about my own views?

Maybe I will sit on the bench and think on all that for a bit...  

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a beautiful day!

Michelle


7 comments:

  1. Love fog. Just finished reading Brene Brown's newest book, some similar thoughts in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love 'foggy' pictures ... this is wonderful, Michelle !
    Such a lovely place, would love to sit on that bench and think on all that too !
    Have a nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mystery that fog creates. To have a bunch to sit on and watch it lift would be a morning well spent. The quote is not only lovel, but true.
    Thanks for sharing Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Michelle. You bring up mind-opening questions, friend. Peaceful weekend to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image, Michelle. I like the softness and hint of pink and the view itself, may I join you on the bench? :)

    They say that we both consciously and subconsciously look for reasons which support our opinions and ignore those disagreeing, those which don't fit into our frame of mind. I believe that's the reason why we make the same mistakes again and again because they somehow fit into our schemes even though they don't belong there and it's easier to make them than fight them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, I love this picture of the fog and the bench. Foggy days have always been beautiful and mysterious to me. That first quote is delightful.

    I appreciate your heartfelt words today.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing how nature can trigger our thoughts and some of our deepest pondering....love that first quote....

    ReplyDelete