Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

Some Little Things...



"I believe the world is incomprehensibly beautiful - an endless prospect of magic and wonder."  -  Ansel Adams



Usually it's the morning light that pulls me out to take pictures...this time it was the evening light.

I stood under the catalpa tree at the edge of the woods, shot into the sun...and found a little web.

 

I found one last purple coneflower in the evening shade of the house.


I also found this young boy.  We see a doe now and again, but this is the first time I have seen a buck in our backyard.  Guess what he was doing?  He was munching on some of my flowers.  I really don't mind...just as long as he stays away from my purple cone flowers.  :)


This one I didn't find in my backyard...

I am making a cutting board.  I bought a very sharp cheese cutter this past summer and need a cutting board so I won't ruin my kitchen counters.  I looked online, saw the prices and decided to make my own.  I got a piece of walnut from a friend of John's, my husband, and went to work.  John helped me cut out my pattern and use the router for the edges.  I still have some sanding and finishing to do before it is ready for food...but I think it is ready for pictures now.  :)


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Michelle



10 comments:

  1. Impressive making your own cutting board! Gorgeous young buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous details in your first photo, Michelle !
    The buck is so cute !
    And the cutting board ... oh my, you did a great job, what a lovely pattern and it makes a great photo prop !
    Have a nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I love the first one of the spider's web and the last of your cone flowers! A great shot of the handsome young buck in your garden!
    Your cutting board is just lovely and the shape so harmonious. Very well done! I'm impressed!
    Wishing you a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cutting board. My husband makes those also and he likes doing spoons. I have never seen a buck either but sure would love to someday. How appropriate also, to find the web for today. We are still without electricity so I haven't been able to post for a few days.

    Enjoy your day Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely details, Michelle, I hope the buck spared your cone flowers! :) I find the evening light especially rich at this time of the year, it makes the little things shine. Your cutting board looks very special, I admire your determination and courage to create one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! :) Thank you for sharing, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely beautiful cutting board Michelle! Totally awesome. And you have encouraged me to get out tomorrow evening and shoot something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun set of "finds"! The coneflower is stunning! And, making your own cutting board...do I ever love the shape of it. That will be a very rewarding accomplishment. Enjoy using it, to cut things on and to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, your little things are great things. That deer is wonderful. I've always thought the deer is a very special animal. I love the purple coneflower, and appreciate the splendid colors of flowers. What a nice job you did on the cutting board. It will come in handy on your kitchen counters.

    Happy November, Michelle.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete