Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Fall


"...and all at once, summer collapsed into fall."
 -  Oscar Wilde


There is a slight chill in the air...



The colors are turning.  It starts with the grasses and perennials, then slowly moves to the trees.

The rain is knocking some leaves free, helping them fall onto the yard, and in the gutter.

The grass is growing, the yard too soggy to mow.

The locust tree seed pods are falling.  I am raking them up and putting them in the woods.  (I was told they are like candy bars for the deer.)

The walnut trees are strategically dropping their nuts.


Homecoming came and went.  The planning, shopping and hair getting done all part of the fun for the girls.  Taking pictures of our growing kids, part of the fun for the moms.

Placing the heavy comforters on our beds.

Being reacquainted with favorite sweaters and jeans.

Making lists of indoor projects for the winter.  

Reminiscing about the summer.

Planning for next summer. 


Fall is here...it seems to come around quicker every year.

How is your fall looking?

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a beautiful day!

Michelle



7 comments:

  1. Fall is showing its beauty around your area, Michelle. Love the walnut trees. I've never seen them before they drop their nuts. It's getting cooler here and the leaves are starting to drop to the ground. Autumn, my very favorite season of all. I hope you are enjoying it too.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving you list of "fall nuggets"! Walnuts, thankful to not have one in my yard, but I do love and enjoy them. Our pine tree is shedding needles that we use for mulch, and I picked up 77 pinecones after the wind the other day. Someone must need them for a craft! LOL I feel it's going to be a very cozy (Hygge) kind of autumn here...rainy and very chilly today. I like your thought "planning for next year"...I enjoy that part of the cozy fall and winter season. The homecoming details sound so fun. Enjoy your Autumn, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have refused to turn the heat on, because as soon as I do it will warm up again. Not a lot of color here yet, but I expect in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall looks and sounds beautiful, MIchelle. My 2 oldest Grands also had Homecoming last weekend (how different the preparations between the girl and the boy). Here in Breckenridge, we've already had 2 snows. Fall is pretty much over. Enjoy the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quotation by Oscar Wilde and such pretty scenes of the season! Our autumn is so colourful and still warm. Enjoy these wonderful days to the full!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've captured fall so beautifully, Michelle !
    Lovely photos ... and what a cute bird house, love it !
    We're having summer in October with 79°F last Monday :-)
    Enjoy your week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first photo is so beautiful, it has a bit of a dreamy beauty. I love bird houses, so that's another reason why I like it so much. Fall is my favorite season, so I'm glad it's here. You express so many aspects of this season so perfectly with your words.

    ReplyDelete