Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Simple




‘Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.’ – Confucius
‘Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.’ – Leonardo da Vinci
‘The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.’
 – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist


When did life get so complicated?  I plan and schedule, then reschedule, it seems there is always something to be done, somewhere to go.   Yes, bills need to be paid, housework finished, meals planned and cooked, but there needs to be time for enjoying life too.  I so enjoy days of doing simple things.



My favorite days are days I spend some time simply*… 

Looking at clouds and seeing dolphins or camels
Making sand castles
Designing dandelion bracelets 
Collecting sea shells   
Hiking
Listening to waves
Taking pictures
Enjoying the smell of cut grass, fresh rain or beautiful flowers
Searching the shore for sea glass and wondering what it was used for when it was whole
Floating on my belly in the ocean and watching fish swim in and out of coral
Barefoot, anytime I can be barefoot is a good day 
Wandering through a garden
Pinching herbs, then smelling my fingers, especially lavender and basil
Sitting on a dock over water, somewhere, anywhere
Enjoying a good book and a cup of tea/coffee/wine 
Eating outside 

*Of course, each of these things are even better when shared with family or friends.

I am going to go put some of those things on my schedule right now… 



Today I am joining Kim Klassen’s Texture Tuesday, the theme is ‘simple’.  My photos are both textured with the Kim Klassen texture ‘cora’. 

Thank you for stopping by!!
Have a great week!
Michelle

 Kim Klassen Café


15 comments:

  1. Michelle stunning images the pink really pops. I agree we have to stop to smell the roses thanks for those lovely quotes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and simple is your flower, and the quotes are all just perfect! To me, simple is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I love, these are simple and perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are gorgeous, but it was your words today that truly touched me. Your list of simple things was just what I needed to hear. As much as enjoy the world of artful blogging, I think I need some time away from the computer. Any your words were just the encouragement I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when simple things makes my heart sing, beautiful picture and great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful list! I love that second one soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list of simple but oh so wonderful things, Michelle,
    so beautifully written !
    Love that pretty flower !
    Nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like great things to schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning images - I love the brilliance of the flower against the white background. Lovely post too, beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images, loved your list :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your list of simple things - I completely agree! And the picture...it's a smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beaitiful. I especially like the second image. The way it pops out of the background. I am with your daughter … dandelions are my favorite,too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I resonate with all that you long for...simple days and simply moodling.. love the two photos that remind us of the good old simple things.

    ReplyDelete