Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring!



‘Be the plant growing through the cracks in the cement, beautiful- because it doesn’t know it’s not supposed to grow there.’   – Shane Koyczan

‘Bloom where you are planted.’ - Mary Engelbreit



My daffodil plants are very short this year, their green leaves are almost half their usual height.  I’m sure the abnormally cold winter created a stunt in their growth, but they are still blooming.  

It seems plants, no matter where they end up, do their best to grow and bloom.  They know their purpose and go all out to make it so.  They make the absolute best of the situation they are in.  I think I  need to be more like plants...



We had one day of beautiful sunny and 70 degree weather here in SW Ohio earlier this week.  I worked in my yard for a short time, it felt good to dig in the dirt.  I also took some pictures. 

I played with my Lensbaby Lens and macro lens kit.  It was my first time.  I have no idea what I am doing with it, but with practice I am sure I will figure it out.  While I was on the ground, this tiny spider came by to visit.  I was happy to see some bug life return, outside of course.

Today I am linking up with Kim Klassen’s Friday Finds.  My photos were textured with the Kim Klassen texture ' simply'.  My Friday Finds are spring daffodils and a tiny spider.  I also have to tell you I found the best pizza EVER at our local grocery store.  Although I don’t have a picture (sorry), it was a Fig & Goat Cheese Pizza , with extra-virgin olive oil, fig preserves, gorgonzola, goat cheese, pancetta, and arugula.  The best of sweet, salty and rich all on a hand tossed crust.  You can’t get any better than that.

Thank you so much for your well wishes to my husband.  He made it through the ‘blasting’, but is still waiting for the kidney stone to pass, hopefully it will soon.  

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a great week!

Michelle

 Kim Klassen dot Com

18 comments:

  1. AAAAAAhhhhh & IIIIIIIhhhhhhh ;-D
    but your picture ist cool ;-)
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was all set to comment on your daffodil and spider picture and then I got to the part of your post about the pizza -and now I'll have to start there! The pizza with figs and goat cheese sounds delicious and I'll look for something similar here in Virgina. Looks like you did a great job figuring out the macro and lens baby gear. I love the blurred daffodil - looks like a color wash - and the helpful garden spider doing his work - a perfect spring scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shots and that pizza sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all that yellow just caught my attention on Kim's Friday Finds website! :) great minimalism!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you know how I love bugs...these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMM that pizza sounds wonderful, yellow is such a happy colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great images with the spider and the yellow. Very eye catching. How I envy that you have your daffodils out already and cam start gardening. It will be a while here in northwestern pa. Wish I could find that delicious sounding pizza. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle,
    its good to hear that your husband is getting better a little bit. I thinkt it will take a little time...
    When your spider macro pic is just a try...hey, wow! This looks gorgeous I would say! These creatures are so so tiny and looks so interesting to the yellow daffodil!
    I hope you will get more of these wonderful plants...
    Have a great weekend and so many thanks for your nice comments on my blog.
    Many hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful spring colors and the cutest little visitor! Love the pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes speedy passing for your husband. I am still waiting for the crocus' here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. best wishes for your husband ... they are soooo painful! I would love to buy a lensbaby ... it is on my someday list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Itsy bitsy spider on a daffodil... great macros!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my... WONDERFUL... and the yellow... BEAUTIFUL.

    the pizza.... sounds amazing....

    have a beautiful weekend... xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. A tiny creepy spider ... so special against the yellow of the flower !
    Gorgeous captures, Michelle !
    That pizza sounds delicious :-)
    All the best for your husband ...
    Nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bright yellow daffodils carry the color of the spring! Your pizza sounds so delicious ... Aragula must give a lovely taste to it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, gorgrous!
    99,3% of the photo in bright yellow. This is definitely the "yellowest" photo I ever saw... ;-)
    Are you sure that this small spider didn't go colorblind??? ;-))
    Regards from sunny Germany,
    Uwe.

    ReplyDelete