Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Snow


‘Weather is a great metaphor for life – sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad, and there’s nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella.’ – Terri Guillemets
 

I didn’t believe him.  The weather man said we were getting an inch of accumulated snow.  It was 75 degrees Fahrenheit the weekend before, how could we get snow?  (Why is the United States the only country that still uses inches and Fahrenheit?)


Guess what?  He was wrong.  We got 2 inches of snow, really wet snow.  Yes, snow in April sucks. Everyone was complaining, but the streets were too warm for it to create any problems and it wasn’t too terribly cold.  Don’t tell anybody, but I thought it was beautiful.  I may have even loved it.  


As I was driving around running errands in the morning, I so wanted my camera to take pictures of the wet snow clinging to the bare tree branches.  I knew the warming temperature would melt the snow soon.   Finally I couldn’t wait any longer, I stopped my errands, took my camera out and captured the spring snow.  





I am joining Kim Klassen’s Friday Finds today.   My find is spring snow.  My images were textured with the Kim Klassen texture dollard soft and gentle.   
                
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a great weekend!
Michelle
   
 Kim Klassen dot Com


13 comments:

  1. Michelle, I don't know what I love more - your positive attitude, your beautiful pictures, or your determination to make time to take these pictures. I would have ditched the errands, too! The combination of snow and spring makes for some very distinctive photos. What perfect compositions that highlight the transition of the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we got it too but only a dusting out here on the island. Still....not the loveliest of finds on an april morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm so glad that you did stop those errands, these are beautiful. Love the photo of the snow covered trees and the green grass, how often does that happen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just beautiful ....not often do we see snow laid spring flowers and green grass. I love the fence and woods shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful images Michelle with the snow, I hope it didn't hurt anything but it sure made for some pretty images. Love the trees so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous images! I love that first one - so simple but says so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had snow in May in the UK the weather is fickle, love your Spring snow shots...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you stopped and enjoyed the moment so we could enjoy your photographs. They are simply lovely. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That spring snow makes for some great pictures, Michelle, gorgeous !
    Enjoy the weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the icy photos! I hope you enjoy a Blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these images are beautiful..... love each and every one Michelle....

    spring soon.... here I hope.... and for you too.... happy easter... xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you to listen to that implies and take the photos. We had a couple inches on Tuesday morning. I want some more warm temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow now? On Eastern?
    Oh no, I love your images, but I think you prefer sunshine and springfeeling, right?
    Hope you had a wonderful time!
    Best, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete